Cost: $50 (Discounts may apply). No restriction on attendees but we seriously suggest children under the age of 12 not be present. It is your family so we will respect your judgement as to who is (or is not) there.
Offered as needed
You have a handgun or are considering the purchase of one. You want to understand the aspects of keeping a handgun at home. We'll talk about the different ways to secure it. The advantages and disadvantages of each. We'll talk about the ramifications of having guests in the home. We'll cover basic handgun safety and how that fits in with your homes layout. Where can you best clean the handgun or perform dry fire practice.
This class is not about defending your home from an intruder. It's about preventing unauthorized access to your handgun.
We do not sell safes, lock boxes or other items. We may suggest you obtain an item (say a safe) and we can tell you where you can purchase it. But we do not have a monetary interest in what you might buy or who you might buy it from.
This helps to ensure that our advice is impartial.
At the end of this class you will understand the options for storing a handgun in the home, how to properly secure a handgun and how to render a handgun safe.
- A desire to understand the aspects of home safety as it pertains to having a handgun in the home.
Materials provided by us for your temporary use:
Materials provided by student
- Student substitutions are allowed.
- Students must cancel at least 24 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less
- Failure to attend the course or cancelling with less than 24 hours notice will result in no refund, credit of the course fee. Rescheduling will be permitted if (in our opinion), circumstances warrant it.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule your class, you are entitled to a full refund or you may attend a future class. We are not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If we cancel a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.